When you talk to Jessica Rohloff and Damien LaManna, founder and co-founder of the New Orleans NetSquared tech group dubbed Net2NO, you can instantly see their enthusiasm and excitement. These two former strangers connected in a way that made it possible for Net2NO to come to fruition.
In March 2008, Jessica attended a conference where she heard about the NetSqaured organization. Their continuing mission is to empower people to create local non-profit tech groups to foster collaborative mind-share environment. More than just being witness to, Jessica says, "While attending the conference, I was appointed the Chair of the New Orleans NetSqaured chapter. People blogged about it and I talked about the idea of starting it up, so I felt like I couldn't go back on my promise. People kept telling me that New Orleans has no tech community, no talent, but I knew that wasn't the case and I wanted to prove them wrong."
No comments:
Post a Comment