Danny Glover's new film: How New Orleans can teach SF

At what point should we decide to care about someone we don't know?
Glover's new short film, Second Line, suggests that we should care as soon as we see them. I get that. I really do. But I have to admit that it's hard, sometimes, to stop for a person you don't know, to give them something of yourself, only to face rejection.
Just the other day, in my typical mad dash to get to the gym on time, I accidentally dropped three music CDs. They rolled into the middle of a busy intersection. For a second, I thought about rushing back to retrieve them, but I kept moving, certain that the drivers would honk or worse, hit me if I dared to stand in their way between work and home.
A man with gentle eyes and a graying afro stopped his car. He yelled from his window, "You dropped your CDs." I told him that I knew, but then he pointed to the passenger in his car and said: "He'll go get them for you.


Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/wilson/detail??blogid=119&entry_id=68262#ixzz0uqpldV9O

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 GOODNOLA.COM | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY SO GLOSSY