First Day Adventures at Tales of the Cocktail

When I walked in the door of the beautiful Hotel Monteleone, I was greeted by cheerful Tales of the Cocktail volunteers. I was then whisked away to a Kahlua Lounge, where I tried a delicious Black Paloma.

Black Paloma is a brunch cocktail with Olmeca Altos Plata Tequila, Kahlua, Lime, Grapefruit juice, bitters, salt, and club soda.  This cocktail was extremely mild, yet tasty morning treat created by Rick Stutz!!!

Later in my adventure, I was able to attend the Oxley Gin Brunch, with a certified yummy meal.  I got a chance to try a traditional English breakfast with scones, eggs with hard black pepper, sausage, ham and more.

To accompany my yummy breakfast, I tried an Oxley Gin, "Executive Lady", which consisted of Oxley, Lemon, simple syrup, crème de peche, and egg white.  I'm definitely not a morning drinker, but this was absolutely amazing.

Later I roamed around and tried a few tasting rooms. It was such an amazing experience to learn about the different alcohols, especially the aged formulas.


Tasting Rooms
There and Back Again: Dos Maderas Rum, the World's Only Dual Aged Rum

This was a fabulous tasting that brought the flavors of the Caribbean and the spirit of Spain into a yummy cocktail. I tasted the aged rum that was born in the Caribbean and sailed across to Spain for three years of aging in Sherry infused oak casks. This double aging created such a smooth taste! My favorite cocktail was the Matador.

Matador consisted of Dos Maderas, Amaretto, Orange Curacao, Fresh Lime Juice, Fresh Orange Juice, and Angostura. Another great cocktail was Caribbean Punch which included Dos Maderas, ginger clove syrup, lime juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice and a rum float!

Good Nola was happy to get to know a little more about Sherry. I tried an Oloroso, which is a dry wine with overtones of nuts!  In the same tasting was a wonderful Crema De Alba cocktail called Crea-tini, with ingredients of Crema De Alba and vanilla vodka.

Wodka Polska
What a fun tasting! Wonderful music, popsicles, mojitos, Polish sausage and much more! This tasting featured Sobieski Vodka, which is not yet available in the US.


Team Spirits Imports and Friends

This tasting consisted of Castries Peanut Rum Crème, Reserve Rum, and St. Lucia Distillers.

Suntory Presents: "Blending" Harmony with Nature

Along with Master Blender, Shinji Fukuyo guest were able to blend harmony with nature while making their on 12 year old blend HIBIKI.

St - Germain

As I was leaving, I was greeted at the door with a St- Germain cocktail. This cocktail consisted of dry sparkling wine, St - Germain and club soda. This mixture made a beautiful ending for my day!


Welcome Reception

Last night, the spirits came alive at the Welcome Reception hosted at Contemporary Arts Center. I tried Beefeater cocktails crafted by London's most accomplished bartenders.  The theme was Alice and Wonderland, everything looked spectacular. I tried all sorts of wonderfully crafted cocktails by London’s most accomplished bartenders!

Good Nola had an absolutely good time at all the events of Day One. This is truly a festival that catches the New Orleans spirit!

For More Pictures Check Out Good Nola Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 GOODNOLA.COM | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY SO GLOSSY