I started my day out with the sounds of Dr. Jazz & the New Orleans Dixeland Sounds, while overlooking the city and river (such a fabulous view of New Orleans at Hotel Monetelone Riverview Room). As I enjoyed the scenery, I was able to have a wonderful breakfast with cocktails provided by Van Gogh Vodka. This has to be one of my favorite vodka choices with colorful flavors as Double Espresso, Dutch Caramel and Acai Blueberry. I truly enjoyed the beautiful and delicious cocktails provided. Here are two fabulous Van Gogh cocktails I tried!
Berry Prussian Blue
1-1/2 oz Van Gogh Acai-Blueberry Vodka
½ oz St. Germaine
½ oz Fresh sour
¼ Pear (sliced)
Paradijs
1-1/2 oz Van Gogh Pineapple Vodka
1 oz Soda
1oz Pineapple Juice
3 Strawberries
Cut two strawberries into small pieces and place in a mixing glass. Use back of spoon to crush strawberries. Add ice and Van Gogh Pineapple Vodka, pineapple juice and shake. Pour into a rocks glass and add a splash of soda. Garnish with a strawberry.
Laird’s Election Day Brunch/ Absolut Bloody Mary Bar
Next, I visited Laird's Election Day Brunch. Visitors voted on their favorite Laird Applejack cocktail. Cocktails in the competition were Applejack Libation among two cocktails prepared with Casoni Limencello and Lazzaroni Amaretto. One of my favorites that I tried was the Jersey Shore Breakfast drink, which included Laird’s 100 Apple Brandy, Lazzaroni Amaretto, orange bitters and Angostura bitters. After brunch, I visited the Absolut Bloody Mary Bar. I'm not a big fan of Bloody Mary, but definitely a fan favorite in New Orleans. An Absolut Bloody Mary includes Absolut Vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, tobasco, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Mount Gay Rum Lunch
Mount Gay Rum provided a wonderful lunch and bar! All attendees received an opportunity to make their own rum punch! I got to try some of their great rum products and cocktails that were absolutely delicious. To make this luncheon perfect was the tropical scenery. Everything set up so beautiful, making any Nola Lover want to sip on rum while looking out at the river. Note: Mount Gay rum is the rum that invented RUM! It was created in 1703 in Barbados.
Tasting Rooms
Hendrick's Gin
This gin tasting incorporated rose and British cucumber, amazing combo. I tried the Mallard's Mallet with Hendrick's gin, Maraschino Luxardo, celyon tea, gooseberry jam, lemon peel, soda water, ice and edible flowers.
Sazerac
I couldn't pass up a New Orleans favorite, Sazerac. The Sazerac Company has such fan favorites as bourbons, tequilas, Canadian whiskeys, vodkas, cordials and more! This tasting was sponsored by Buffalo Trace Bourbon and Sazerac Rye Whiskey.
Ladies Only with Tony Abou-Ganim
My first seminar was "Ladies Only", Hands on with Tony Abou-Ganim, the modern mixologist. I took a journey through what it really takes to make a classy drink! I learned all the tools of the trade, such as how to make a Moonshine Rum Punch, Smash, The Blood and Sand, Pisco Sour and the classic Cosmopolitan. The exciting teacher Tony Abou - Ganim also showed us the skill of muddling, martini shaking and garnish. I truly learned a lot in this class and can't wait to make all types of cocktails. This seminar was sponsored by Barsol Pisco, Catdaddy Carolina Moonshine and Cherry Heering.
Worldwide Cocktail Excursion
Later in the evening, I visited the Worldwide Cocktail Excursion at the Sugar Mill. I took a tour of cocktails from Scotland, France, St. Croix, Holland, Mexico, Kentucky, Canada, even a Speak Easy that was password protected (the password was smooth!). The atmosphere was beautiful; each place had a different set up to represent their area. This event was presented by Beam Global Spirits & Wine.
No comments:
Post a Comment