For the past two years I have lived in the beautiful state of Hawaii, but found myself missing my home of New Orleans. I missed the people. I missed the historic buildings and eccentric houses. I missed the food. I missed the oak trees. I missed the rain. Fortunately, I was never so far gone that I missed the humidity.
Recently I moved back to New Orleans; the first thing I did was eat a Po-Boy. Then I actually took a look around the city and was amazed at all the changes that happened in the few years that I had been gone. There are so many new buildings, the red streetcar is running, and my favorite snowball stand is open again. One day I took my little cousins to the aquarium and found the French Quarter so full of people that the parking lots were full! I saw all the crowds and it brought a smile to my face, despite the fact that I was sitting in traffic, because I was so happy to see the city look so alive. The changes to the city have been great (though I could do without the new traffic cameras) and make me glad that I decided to move back home.

No comments:
Post a Comment