Wine bars are all the rage. The Wall Street Journal recently reported that New York is currently in “the golden age of wine bars.” While New Orleans has not yet seen its golden age, there are several wine bars around town that will appeal to a wide variety of people.
The Delachaise: Uptown
The Delachaise is the premier wine bar in
Clever: Mid City
Clever is a wine bar adjacent to Cork & Bottle in the American Can Company. Clever has a carefully chosen selection of wines by the glass and beer, as well as a small list of specialty cocktails. Clever’s atmosphere is laid back and intimate, with an eclectic assortment of furniture arranged into several conversation areas. You can enjoy your wine while you chill out to live music on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Clever’s happy hour is 5-7 P.M. Tuesdays through Fridays, featuring a choice of four $4 wines and no corkage (buy your favorite bottle next door!). If you are looking for a great neighborhood wine bar, head to Clever in Mid City.
Clever is a wine bar adjacent to Cork & Bottle in the American Can Company. Clever has a carefully chosen selection of wines by the glass and beer, as well as a small list of specialty cocktails. Clever’s atmosphere is laid back and intimate, with an eclectic assortment of furniture arranged into several conversation areas. You can enjoy your wine while you chill out to live music on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Clever’s happy hour is 5-7 P.M. Tuesdays through Fridays, featuring a choice of four $4 wines and no corkage (buy your favorite bottle next door!). If you are looking for a great neighborhood wine bar, head to Clever in Mid City.
W.I.N.O.: Warehouse Distric
W.I.N.O., Wine Institute ofNew Orleans , is perfect for anyone that likes to explore wine in an informal setting. W.I.N.O offers 120 wines dispensed by Enomatic machines- just use your card (like a debit card) to serve yourself wine by the ounce, half glass, or full glass. W.I.N.O. has an extremely casual vibe. W.I.N.O.’s front room is cozy; the back room is far more expansive, with several tables and plenty of room to spread out. It is great for groups but is also ideal for the solo wine drinker that just wants to try a few new wines. If you are hungry, W.I.N.O. serves cheese, pâté, and other light fare. W.I.N.O. is also a school, offering classes to educate its customers. The current schedule is available on W.I.N.O.’s web site. Whether it’s for a class or just to explore, check out W.I.N.O. in the Warehouse District.
W.I.N.O., Wine Institute of
Oak: Carrollton
Wine lovers in the





No comments:
Post a Comment