Spotlight Nola: Leo Boyd

About Leo Boyd
Leo Boyd is an entrepreneur, visionary and proven leader. At 27 years old, he holds the position of CEO & President of the investment firm he founded in 2007. Leo stated, "born into poverty, I appreciate how hard my parents worked to bring their family into stability. Born, raised and educated in Gentilly & New Orleans East."

Background
I have held positions with some of the best organizations in the city and country.From selling cars with the Lamarque Motor Company to providing mortgage loans with JP Morgan Chase.Ambitious to further my career in real estate, I founded Ross Kelley Boyd Investment Group in August 2007. Surviving the collapse of the New Orleans real estate market of 2008 and 2009, I and other majority shareholder Ben Guillory, Jr. change the direction of the company to help other entrepreneurs find success in their dreams. Ross Kelley Boyd Investment Group is now focused on becoming a holding company.

Ross Kelley Boyd Investment Group,L.L.C.
Ross Kelley Boyd Investment Group, L.L.C. is a holding company. Our company buys private and commercial land, homes or businesses. The functions of our business operations are to invest in various types of companies, goods, and properties. Ross Kelley Boyd Investment Group, L.L.C. is seeking opportunities in other areas of real estate. In the near future, Loan servicing (commercial, residential mortgages), restaurants,hotels/resorts, and automotive franchises will be apart of our portfolio.

Community Involvement
Outside my business, I help people of my community learn the importance of financial security. I assist with identifying;financial goals, and make recommendations of what steps need to be taken to reach goals.

Revitalization Initiative and New Orleans East Importance
Revitalization Initiative is a movement to restore and improve areas of the city of New Orleans that aren't recovering from economic damage of Hurricane Katrina 2005. I personally chose New Orleans East because it’s the community that I grew up in. It’s an area of New Orleans that was damaged the worst and it’s the area that is getting the least attention from local,state, and federal agencies. I personally envision New Orleans East to be comparable to cities like Plano, TX, and Katy, TX.

My community needs immediate attention such as: restaurants,groceries’, family facilities and retail outlets. New Orleans East has more residents that are renters, and I would like to turn renters of New Orleans East to become owners of New Orleans East.

What's Next
My community shouldn't expect anything more from me other than an example of effective leadership and integrity. In Jan. 2011, I will launch my charity "A CHANCE Foundation" a non profit organization that helps improve the lives of citizens across America through education of finance and self development.

New Orleans Love
As a native of New Orleans, I’m bias. I love the music, art, culture, food and Mardi gras!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you!!!

Love Sean & Tiera

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work


luv, D'Juana

Anonymous said...

Leo, I am lucky to be your friend and proud to know you as a person. Keep plugging away!

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” Winston Churchill

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 GOODNOLA.COM | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY SO GLOSSY