Had a fabulous last day, but truly bitter sweet; sad to see this great festival come to an end. I started my morning with a Secret Sherry Society’s French Toast Breakfast. Visitors tasted yummy French toast along with the French Toast Flip cocktail. The ingredients to this cocktail are sweet old Oloroso Sherry, Apple Brandy and Malt Whiskey. It was great to see the Secret Sherry Society again. (My new imaginary friend)
Not soon after, I enjoyed more food and spirits, while visiting the Mr. and Mrs. Cocktail’s Spirited Sunday Brunch. Many Tales of the Cocktail visitors came to celebrate their final hours together over jambalaya, gumbo and other New Orleans favorites. To accompany our delicious New Orleans style brunch were Stella Artois, Herbsaint Frappes and Vitamix blended cocktails.
Next GINeration Cocktail Challenge
Next up, I had a little fun and visited the New Amsterdam Gin tasting room for the Next GINeration Cocktail Challenge. The participants had ten minutes to create a New Orleans inspired cocktail. I made a yummy Magazine Street Nola Dream; which included gin, cranberry juice, pineapple juice and mint. This was definitely an exciting session. I didn't win the competition though. :-(
Fat Tuesday
A creative spin on a New Orleans classic cocktail, this recipe blends savory flavors with a refreshing bubbly finish.
2 oz New Amsterdam Gin
Dash of bitters
3 slices of daikon or radish
1 ½ oz cranberry juice
½ ox simple syrup or agave nectar
2 oz ginger beer
Muddle radish in bottom of shaker. Add all other ingredients except the ginger beer and shake vigorously. Strain over ice into a lowball or rocks glass. Add ginger beer to float on top. Garnish with a radish slick or lemon peel.
The Eggpire Strikes Back
Later, I visited my last seminar, The Eggpire Strikes Back. This seminar was moderated by Timo Janse with panelists Henrik Hammer and Andrew Nicholls. This seminar help put an end to me and others alike fear of using egg in cocktail ingredients.
No comments:
Post a Comment